Monday, April 1, 2013

T Doesn't Know Jesus

One of the girls' friends--let's call him T--asked me today if I believed in heaven and if so, what did I think it would be like.  He's a 10 year old boy who doesn't have a clue who Jesus is.  When I asked him what he thought happened after people died, he said he just thought it went black. His parents think that, too, he said.

I shared the Gospel with him and he didn't know what sin was. He was interested but also distracted. And I kept thinking "Will his parents let him continue to play at our house when he tells them what we talked about?"  Will they think we are weird?  

Or, is he the reason we have lived in this house, on this street for 13 years?  God does things like that. He pursues the one. I believe He is pursuing T. 

T told me he believed in God. And he was really excited when he found out we went to church. I invited him to go with us on Sunday and gave him the church website so he could show his parents. And I told him Brian or I would talk to his parents later this week. 

How many more kids live on our street and in our neighborhoods who don't know Jesus?  Who don't realize that things don't just go black after you die. Who need to know that there's a God who loves them so much that He gave up his own son?  

I'm praying for T and his family. And I'm praying for me--that God would open my eyes to the many Ts who live around us and use me.  That He would pursue them and use any means necessary to bring them to Him.  And especially that T would know Him before we move. 

Do you know a T?

"In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish. ". Matthew 18:14

No comments: