Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Let me see Redemption Win


This morning I woke up tired.  Worn.  And I was debating whether or not to post this song on facebook:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUEy8nZvpdM

I was worried that it would seem like a plea for sympathy, but I also wondered how many others felt the same way this morning.  This song just leads me back to my knees--maybe it would do that for others, too and encourage them in this day to day living we do.

And then, I saw this post on our Lovepacs page:

Lovepacs Summer Loving - Lovepacs is so excited to be serving kids through Summer this year. Partnering with the schools' free lunch program, Lovepacs will provide Weekend Bags for children to carry home on Fridays to provide breakfast, lunch, and a snack for Saturday and Sunday. We need your help to make it happen!
$5 will feed one child for the weekend
$60 will feed one child all summer
Checks made out to Lovepacs may be mailed to 6405 Stewart Blvd, The Colony, TX. Donations may also be made through Paypal at donations@lovepacs.org

The words from the song, “Let me see redemption win” came to life in me.  And the tired feelings are still there, but the joy of being a part of something bigger than me overwhelms the worn. 

No comments: