Monday, November 9, 2015

Writing Again

Do you ever have those days when you question your passions?  When you wonder if you are doing something just because you are good at it, or just because it's familiar--therefore, easy--for you?  If you really love it or just think you love it because you don't know what else to try? If that stirring inside you is just discontent or the spirit telling you to move?

Brian and I got into a discussion today when he asked me if I thought I would always be in kids ministry.  I never thought I would.  I always thought I would move into a more missional role.  Which is funny in it's own right, as kids ministry is the most missional of all!  And then Frisco opened and I thought I had found my spot that I would stay in for a while.  And I may.  It's not like I feel like I'm being called to something else at this point. 

But, in the midst of the conversation, he reminded me of how much I used to love to write.  Which, honestly, I had forgotten.  I'm not sure if that love is even there any more.  But it once was.  And it really did bring me joy.

So for the next few weeks, I'm going to try an experiment to write a little bit every day.  Some may turn into posts.  Others may just be portions of a post (I have 3 different drafts right now).  And others may end up in the delete file. 

I've done this before and have not been able to be consistent, so we will see if it works.  I already missed a day yesterday, but I'm trying to forget that and just move forward with what I have now. 

We'll see how it goes.  I'm praying that in the next few weeks I will figure out if I want to get more serious about my writing again or just continue to post one liners on facebook. 

No comments: