Wednesday, May 15, 2019

I'm a Little Hoarse

Every now and then a thought will cross my mind and I will think, "you should write about that."  But I haven't.  I knew it had been a while, but didn't realize that 2019 was completely blank so far. 

My voice has changed since I started this blog.  In the beginning, it was a little squeaky.  Then it got really loud and confident--sometimes with a bit of a Texas twang in it.  Over the last few years, it's gotten a bit softer.  Part of that is probably because blogging isn't "THE" thing to do anymore.  Another reason is I'm learning I can only share my story and not others' (aka my family)--and I'm seriously the most boring in the Royal house. 

I think the biggest reason is I'm a little bit hoarse.  Back in my high school cheerleader days, I would yell so loudly on Friday, that my voice wound up raspy until Monday.  I kinda feel that way now.  I'm using my voice in other places and my voice is tired when I get home.  And like cheering at a high school football game, my voice is hoarse for good and fun reasons. 

I used to think I would write a book.  Not sure that will happen anymore, but I DO know that I will continue to blog.  My voice might not sound as polished as it once did (ok--who am I kidding--I've never been polished).  It might not ever be as loud as it once once. 

But here's something I've learned.  I don't have to be the loudest or most polished voice in the room to be heard.  I have to speak from my heart and be real.

So that's what I will continue to do. 

No comments: