Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Honey if you love me...

This past week, I was researching games for work and came across several that I had totally forgotten about. One of those was "Honey if you love me." This is the game where you sit in a circle and the person who is "it" goes up to one of the others and says, "Honey if you love me would you please, please smile." The other person has to reply "Honey I love you but I just can't smile" without cracking even the slightest of grins.

On the way home from soccer tonight, I explained it to the girls and they played it with each other in the backseat. After @10 tries each, Hope was finally able to say it without smiling, but couldn't do it a second time. Tons of giggles carried us home. There is something about hearing your children laugh together that makes you forget about how hard the day was or the frustrations you're facing.

I don't often just live in the moment, but when I hear them giggle--or better yet--am giggling along with them, everything else just fades. I am engrossed in that place in time and all else fades away.

No comments: