Monday, October 19, 2009

Hugging in the hall

Brian leaves in the morning for Wyoming. He'll be gone for @ a week---UGH! After putting the kids to bed, we had a spontaneous hug in the hallway. Hope decided she needed something (I can't remember what it was--it's different every night) and got the biggest grin on her face when she saw us standing there with our arms around each other.

She and Caroline love when they catch us kissing or hugging or holding hands and I have to confess--it's not often enough. Their eyes light up and they ask us why we don't "long kiss" in front of them.

While I am so glad they like to "catch" us, I pray that this is as normal to them as buckling our seatbelts when we get in the car or washing our hair every day. And, I am praying, even now, that they are one day "caught" by their kids hugging in the hall.

No comments: