Friday, June 18, 2010

Sounds I love to hear

I wrote this post over 7 months ago, but never finished it or published it. Thought I would go ahead and maybe I'll finish it one day.

11/6/09
As I sit here in anticipation of my doctor's appt today, I'm of course, worrying. What if he tells me that the hearing is going in my left ear and there is nothing they can do to fix it? Besides the fears of what would I do for a living and how would I contribute to my family, the thought of the sounds I would miss keeps running through my head:

hearing my girls giggle--even when they are doing something bad, the sound of a whole body of believers singing in unison. Hearing, "Mommy, I wuv you." Listening to Whitesnake, Steve Fee, Sara Groves, Martina McBride or the other random music artists I enjoy. My dogs paws clicking on the floor. Hope singing at the top of her lungs in the shower.

As I reflect on the sounds I would miss, I am struck by the many things we hear without words being spoken: a hug from my hubby, a smile from a shy child, a wave from a friend across the room.

No comments: