Thursday, February 9, 2012

Parenting Advice

I’ve said it before, but I don’t think I can say it enough, parenting is hard. No matter how many “right” things you do, there is always something that you mess us that comes back to haunt you. One of the things I love about my church is how they desire to help me, as a parent, through this time.

We held a parenting class last night for parents of 3rd and 4th graders, and the room was pretty full. I’m fortunate enough to get to work alongside some very talented, wise people who led in a relate-able, funny, but oh-so-true way. People who didn’t make the parents in the room feel like they were the only ones who messed up occasionally (or, as in my house, most of the time). Most of my parenting “A-ha” moments have come from mistakes I’ve made.

When my girls were little, I always felt like the playgroups were really more for parents than kids—we parents HAVE to stick together here.

If you could tell a parent of a child one year younger than yours just one thing, what would that be? What do you wish someone would have told you?

No comments: