It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted. Lots happening in the Royal household, but I just haven’t had the time or energy to post about it. I tend to do that a lot.
I get caught up in the moment and don’t capture it, making it hard to remember the details. It’s a catch-22. I either get so caught up in taking pics and jotting down notes that I forget to engage in the moment or I completely engage—leaving me too tired to record anything.
Spring break is here and it’s a reminder that it’s been a year since I made the promise to myself that I would be more intentional with my girls. They are 8 and 10 now—both tweens—and growing so quickly! I don’t want to look back on our time together and regret that we didn’t do something. Even more importantly, I want to know that I am using every spare minute to lead them—not just in the discipline, but in the fun ways, too.
Here’s a recap of some of the highlights over the past few weeks:
• Caroline celebrated her 8th bday—complete with a crafty party for 10 of her friends that left me worn out (but was totally worth it when she told me it had been the best bday ever!)
• Hope finished an Alamo project for extra credit that totally rocked!
• We’ve been to several soccer games and practices
• Caroline had her 1st volleyball practice
• Caroline sold 100 boxes of Girl Scout cookies—her 1st time to ever sell them
• My whole family now eats hamburgers (yes—when you have picky eaters, things like this are milestones)
• We snuck in a quick trip to the farm where my girls helped to clear brush, drive the tractor and plant some onions
• We packed 93 boxes of food with Lovepacs—enabling over 200 kiddos to have full meals while on spring break
• We started renovations on our Lovepacs headquarters
As I look at the list, I’m almost tired—we did a lot—and this was just in the time we weren’t at school or work! I’m looking forward to making some fun memories this week and having the margin to write about them (not to mention, read a few books!).
Hopefully, it won’t take me as long in between times to do it…