Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Those Moments

Some days things happen at the Royal house that I want to preserve, but I just don't know how to say it.  It's those moments when my heart is full and I feel like I might explode. 

I woke up from my Sunday afternoon to a cloudy sky and a quiet house.  My chicken coop flip flops were missing (yes, I have a pair of flip flops that I keep by the back door that are specifically designated for the chicken coop).  As I walked outside, I saw Caroline watering down the wagon that held the hay we cleaned out of the chicken coop.  Hope was putting metal posts against the fence and the chickens were all locked up in the run (and not happy about it either).  They were getting ready for the storm that was soon to come and they were cracking me up every time they yelled, "The storm's a-coming!"  I was glad to see that they took something from watching all those episodes of Little House on The Prairie with me!

It was the kind of night that just made me glad to be here--in my house--with my people.  It's easy for me to talk about how much I love them when I'm not with them or they are sleeping.  It's in the moments when they are around, and so very live-out-loud present that I often forget that.  At times like today, when they are cracking me up, I just want to hold tight to them and ask for everything to stay just like it is right now.

No comments: