Wednesday, August 1, 2018

These are a few of my Favorite Things


I can easily tell you several things that I don't like at any given time.  It's my super power--I'm gifted that way.

BUT, I also have so many things I love.  Here, in no particular order, are a few of my favorite things:

Willow.  If you are my friend on IG of FB, you already know this as I tend to post a "few" pics of her there.  She is just SUCH a delight.  A friend of mine said that dog was God spelled backward.  I'm telling ya--I've seen God's kindness in so many ways through this little dog.  She brings such joy to our family and I cannot imagine life without her.  She makes me happy.

Connecting People.  I have always said that I have a hard time making/keeping good friends, but I can find other people's best friends for them.  I seriously love when someone mentions they are looking for a person who can do X.  This is truly one of the things I do best and it brings me so much joy--whether its successful or not.

Podcasts. I started these to motivate me on my morning walks (I would only allow myself to listen when I was walking so I would have something to make me put on my tennis shoes and head out the door in this stupid oven we call Texas), but they have become so much more!  I bounce between several that I love, depending on my mood.  I even listen to them in the car every time I'm in there now (sidenote--my car is so old that it doesn't have an aux outlet so I had to buy one of those cassette tape things with a cord attached that I plug into my phone so the sound goes through the speakers--whoever invented this is my new best friend!). 

Little Clayland.  Y'all!  I discovered this because she made a figure for a podcast group I listen to.  I eagerly await her IG post each day so I can see what she's made and the ones where she shows a video just fascinate me.  I love seeing people use their gifts to create!  In fact, I had her make one for me to give as a gift for a special occasion coming up.  I received it this week and can't wait to show it to you--it's literally the best money I have spent this year.  Check her out at www.littleclayland.com or on Insta as littleclayland.  You won't be disappointed!

Free Books.  I post about books more than I read, but I just love talking about books.  And let me tell you, on the first day of the month when I get my email for Kindle First "free" books (technically, I pay a fee for Amazon Prime so I know they aren't free, but it feels like it when I don't get a bill for them) make me giddy!  Last month, they even let me get all the suggested books! 


Sweet Blessings.  I don't even know how I discovered this years ago--if you were the one who told me about it--THANK YOU!!!  Each month, she has a theme and assigns a scripture for each day.  The idea is to write it out and claim it.  Since today is August 1st, I just started a new one--God's promises.  If you don't have anything you are reading right now, I think you should do this with me.  It's just the best! You can find her on FB at Sweet Blessings or her website at www.swtblesings.com.  Let me know if you do it!




These are a few of the things making me happy today.  What about you?




No comments: