Monday, January 6, 2020

Being New

This weekend our church celebrated it's 20 year birthday, but I've only been there for the last three.  As I was doing the math, I realized, that when CT started, I had just begun attending my old church--where I was for 17 years.  So, if I had found CT back then, I would have been here all 20 years.

I'll admit, that made me a bit regretful.  I love this place so much that it's hard to not think I waited too long to get here.  In my head, I know I didn't--the peopleI met at my previous church were more than worth it.  But, as people were reminiscing about the first years, I found myself a bit melancholy and envious.  Partly because I don't talk to many from my old church any more.  Friendships that I thought would last forever have died away. Also, I like history--and being a part of it.  I'm used to being the one with the memories and I don't like the new girl feeling--that yuck of being on the outside, looking in.

As I was wallowing, I kept seeing people post pics next to a big 20 display our team had made. 

And I realized that display was created around the snow globe structure that Brian had made me for our kids lobby this Christmas. 

So maybe I DO get to have a part in the memories, but I also have a part moving forward.  I get to be a part of the new memories people make.


No comments: