Friday, December 4, 2020

Enjoying the View You Have

It's a cold Friday morning and I would like to snuggle under my blankets for a while, reading and writing, and even reflecting.  But THIS DARN CAT, Y'ALL!!!

Since he likes to look at the birds, I thought I would clear the little table in the corner off and move it in front of the window.  The normal window where we see a ton of birds is pretty quiet (Looks like someone forgot to put birdseed on her Walmart pick up list this week *SIGH*).

So I moved the table to the other window--where there ARE birds flying around.  And I put him on top of it so he could see outside.

But, now that the view is convenient, he doesn't want it.  

 He tried to jump up to the top of the window.


He gave himself a bath.

He even contemplated climbing the curtain (which I quickly nixed--can you imagine Granny's face if he ripped her curtains?  NOT something I want to see right now).

The view outside that window is perfect for birdwatching this morning.  There are 3 trees and the birds are flittering to and fro between each of them.  The ground is covered with frost so there are a bunch up there, chasing each other and looking for food to take back to their nests.

But Flynn is too busy looking at all the distractions around him and missing the view right smack in front of him.  

I'm glad I never do that--get caught up in looking at everything around me except the big picture window with the perfect and best views.  I'm glad I always focus on the important stuff and ignore all the other piddly things around me.

Or maybe I don't and need to learn from Flynn's oversight.


No comments: