Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hope has a Boyfriend


On the way to the car from soccer practice, Hope grabbed my hand and said she had something to tell me. She got a shy grin on her face and proceeded to inform me that a boy had asked her if he could be her boyfriend. WHAT???? She's 8!

So I did what any good mother would and asked his name and then started telling her that her daddy was going to have to have a conversation with him, as well as her soccer coach (who has grilled players' boyfriends in the past). Needless to say, she wasn't very happy with me.

Then I started asking her what she and her boyfriend were going to do and she asked me what her dad and I did before we were married. How should I have answered that? I threw her off by asking another question, "Are you going to kiss him?" To which she replied, "NO WAY!!! I'm NEVER going to kiss a boy--EVER! Except for Daddy.

Ahhh...the world is right again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Precious!!!! Morganne still HATES boys!!!

Love it!

~Becca