Saturday, October 2, 2010

You don't have to understand, you just have to believe

I'm a multi-tasker. It's very difficult for me to just sit and watch a movie with my family--typically, I have a book or my phone in hand and don't just sit. But I've been trying to do that more often.

I think kids movies have some of the best truths in them. Typically, I get some truth out of every one I watch. My favorite was "Tinkerbell," so any time a new one comes out, I'm almost as excited to watch it as Caroline.

The other night, we watched "Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue" and one line stood out to me: "You don't have to understand, you just have to believe." I wish, as adults, it was as easy to believe as it is for kids.

I pray that believing always comes easy to my girls.

1 comment:

Tosin James said...

I also watched it and was amazed by the sentence and most times when I cant understand something in my life ... I just believe that in the end I would come out fine and better than how I went in .... but we Adults ... have been changed and cultured by the world that 'just believing' is one of the hardest things to do....