Parenting “regular” children is hard. I can’t imagine what it felt like to parent the person who was going to save the entire world. I have lots of questions I want to ask Mary--the mother of Jesus--when I get to heaven. Here are a few:
• Did you ever have to use “that tone” with Him?
• Did his brothers and sisters ever get jealous of how good he was?
• Was he “all boy” or did he prefer to do the quieter things?
• Did you sing him lullabies?
• Was he a good sleeper?
• Did he ever have colic or keep you up all night with a high fever?
• Did you have lots of requests for playdates because your friends wanted their kids to hang out with him?
• What was his relationship with Joseph like?
• Did he make you laugh?
• Did he make you cry?
• Were you ever overwhelmed that you were raising the son of God?
• Did you and Elizabeth have a joint baby shower?
• Did he eat everything you cooked without complaining?
• Did you ever feel inadequate as a mom?
• Did you realize his death was going to be so brutal?
• Did you ever punish him for something he didn’t do?
Were you ever worried you were going to "scar him for life?"
• Why were your other children not with you at the cross?
• Did you realize the magnitude of what he would do for the world as you were changing his diaper?
• How did you keep from getting angry at God when you saw the pain inflicted upon him?
What questions would you have for Mary?