Monday, April 7, 2014

It's Just their Nature

Take a look at this sweet video:

Brian decided the ducklings needed to learn to swim this morning and then this evening, the girls were sad they missed out, so they had a 2nd swim.  I smile every time I watch these videos! 

As I was watching them take their first dip in their pond (i.e. my bathtub) this morning, I noticed a couple of things:
  • They didn't have to be taught to do what comes natural to them.  Even Itty-Bitty (as I call the smallest black one) paddled and floated right alongside the bigger ones. 
  • Once they realized they could do it, they were diving and swimming all over the tub!  They were so excited! It was as if they thought, "THIS is what I was made to do!"
  • They "get" community.  When we took the little one out to dry it off, the others started peeping loudly at us.  In fact, they all peeped until the 4 of them were back together again under their heat lamp.  They knew when one was missing. And when they all got back together again, all was right in their little world.

I know I sound like a crazy lady!  I can't seem to stop posting about these precious creatures!  I wish I could tell you that my posts were done, but the baby swallows should be hatching soon and Spot, Caroline's turtle, just came out of hibernation, so there will probably be more in the coming weeks.

The thing I keep thinking over and over is how fearfully and wonderfully they are made.  Even things like oil gland and sinuses on these ducklings just amaze me. If God loves these animals that much, how much more does He love you and me??? 



No comments: