Monday, February 23, 2015

Ice Days are Bittersweet

I cheered just as loudly as my girls when we got the word last night that school was cancelled today due to the ice.  I had been secretly hoping it would be when I went to the store earlier in the day and bought stuff for my daughters to bake--just in case.

But, as I woke this morning, I couldn't help but think of the 60 kids that Lovepacs helps to feed in Aubrey.  And I began to worry.  Their parents probably weren't able to go to the store and buy chocolate chips and butter.  They may not have extra food at home--just in case there's no school.  They were probably depending on school today so they could have breakfast and lunch.

I don't want to suck the joy out of an unexpected holiday, but my heart is heavy every time I think of them at home without enough food.  Would you join me in praying for them?  Since we don't know who they are, I just picture my daughters' faces as I pray.    I'm praying for full bellies and warm beds and most of all, for them to feel loved and known and not forgotten.

No comments: