Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My 7 year Blog-iversary

Seven years ago today, I took a big step and started a blog.  My original intention was to leave fun memories for my girls instead of writing them in books like I had been doing.  There were so many things that applied to both and I wanted to have an easier way to be consistent.

So much for that.

Looking back, I have periods of time where I was consistent--2011 was a good writing year for me.  And then, there are years when I wrote very little and felt very insecure about what I DID write.

As I have written, I have found that the blog became more for me than them. 

A few months ago, I thought I'd take my best posts and use them to write a book.  I was going to do it for ME--not because I thought anyone would even read it, but because I felt a need to tell my story.

Now, I'm not so sure.  I don't know if it's fear of failure or just a contentment that I don't need to tell my story for it to be valid.  I'm not sure this blog will ever be more than just random babblings by me. 

But, not matter what happens or doesn't happen, I don't regret starting it.  And I don't regret being courageous enough to put it out there for others to see.

No comments: