Sunday, November 27, 2011

Things we Only do at Granny's Farm

…Sit on the floor heaters to get warm
…Make our beds
…Draw the drapes every morning and evening
…Make doll houses out of blocks and legos (using “Indiana Jones” as the dad)
…Wash pans by hand
…Enter her house and Nana Barbara’s by the back door (I can count on 1 hand the number of times I’ve gone through their front doors)
…Have my girls beg to take a bath together in Granny’s big ol’ tub
…Drive a tractor (and have all the cousins take turns pulling each other in the wagon behind the tractor)
…Cart salad dressing and dessert from house to house
…Have as many dogs as families in the yard at any given time
…Roast hot dogs over a brush fire
…Shop at The Country Boy (where they still bag and carry out your groceries!)
…Play on a metal swing set that’s 20 years old
…Sneak over to the thermostat and turn the heat down when Granny sets it to 80
…Run across the tops of hay bales
…Leave my shoes on the back porch when I come in the house

And my favorite:
…Allow my girls to run and play with their cousins unsupervised

Granny is 93 now and I don’t know how many more times we will have with her at the farm. I try not to think of what we will do at Christmas and during the summer when she is gone. For now, we’re just gonna enjoy our time with her and live it up there as much as possible.

No comments: