Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mama Who?

After almost 30 years, you'd think Mother's day would be easier.  Especially since I have daughters of my own and have never struggled with infertility or losing a child.  But I find myself on edge the entire day.  No matter how great my life looks--both from the outside and the inner circle--Mother's day is one I can't wait to be over.

This isn't a pity request.  We all have hard things.  We've all been let down by a human at some point in our life and have probably done our fair share of letting others down, too.

But it affects us.  To be rejected by someone close to you, just skews the way you view yourself--no matter how many times others tell you and even more importantly--you tell yourself the real Truth.  Because our minds are so finite, we attribute these human feeling of neglect and abandonment to a God who would never do that. 

I saw a verse posted today that I had never seen before:

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has born?  Though she may forget, I will not forget you! 
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands"
Isaiah 49:15-16
 
 
God won't forget.  Not on Mother's Day or any other day of the year.  He SEES!  He KNOWS!!  And dispite all of our fears to the contrary, HE LOVES!!!
 
So whoever you are that is reading this--if you're the mom who left or the child who is still wondering, no matter where you live, or what you do, or how kind you are, or how mean you are,  HE WILL NOT FORGET YOU. 
 
Or me. 
 


No comments: