Wednesday, February 17, 2016

DAWG Day ambushed...or not?

Some days don't start out as you planned.  Today was supposed to be a DAWG (Day Alone With God) Day.  I was challenged to take one day a month where I cleared my calendar and just listened to God.  Today was supposed to be my 2nd but, one of my girls started throwing up last night and after 10+  intimate moments with the toilet, is finally asleep in her own bed.  Brian is delivering a job in Oklahoma, Hope is at school and my day with God has turned into a day with God and Caroline. 

As I was thinking about the day and how it would look differently than I had originally planned, I was struck with the thought that spending time with God may not mean just being alone with Him, reading, writing, listening, etc.  A part of me believes that being with my family is just as honoring to Him.  That, taking in the moment and not being frustrated with my child for the change of plans, and just being PRESENT--not only in body, but also in mind, can be just as holy.

Because when you think about it, my day is starting with open hands and isn't that where God desires me to be anyway? 

No comments: