Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Royal Reads--The Two Lives of Lydia Bird 4.21.21

One thing you will learn about me is that I love a book that makes me feel.  The Two Lives of Lydia Bird surely did that!  If you have ever lost a loved one, you will relate to Lydia in a big way.  You will cheer for her when she makes progress and cry with her when she grieves.  

One thing that struck me about this book is the support system Lydia had in place--without intentionally planting it.  She had co-workers, family and friends who did not allow her to mourn on her own and truly cared for her.  This touched me as much as Lydia's journey.  

Here's the gist:

Lydia has been with Freddie forever and when he dies, she makes up a world where he is still alive.  While it sounds like this would be heartbreaking, there is a lot of hope mixed in as well.  I won't give away the ending, but I hope you end up loving Lydia as much as I did!

Have you read it?  What did you think?


PS Congrats to Becky Canode who won a copy of "The Language of Flowers" last week.  Stay tuned for more giveaways!  

No comments: