Friday, April 9, 2021

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...April 2021

Life has been hard lately.  Granny is declining rapidly and the dementia keeps us on our toes--we never know what to expect from her.  Since I've started writing this post, I've been interrupted 7 times--no exaggerating--for random things.  

In the midst of that, I am trying to keep myself focused on the positive. I'd like to think I would do the same if I were back in Texas,  but there is just a slower pace here in Okie-land that allows me to literally stop and smell the roses (or daffodils and lilacs since we have no roses blooming at the farm).  

I work hard at finding joy every day.  I keep thinking I will keep a journal, but just haven't taken the time to do that yet.  I know this season will not last, so I want to grab as much good from every day as I can.  

Here are a few of my current favorite things...

Fetch
My friend Ali told me about this app.  I'm a sucker for getting rewards for doing nothing except snapping a pic.  Basically, I just take and upload a pic of any receipt I have and I earn points.  Do you have this app?  If you use my code to download it, I get 4000 extra points.  Plus, you get 2000 points for your first receipt.  Here's the link:  
Let me know if you use it!!


All things Emily Lex
I posted about this book on facebook the other day: Freely & Lightly.  Not only do I love the book, but I love her artwork!  She sends out a weekly email with "Lovely Links" and a phone wallpaper that I eat up as well.  If you haven't checked her out, do yourself a favor and look her up:  EmilyLex.com

My Fairy Garden.
 
It's silly.  I feel like I am a kid, watching Mr Rogers Neighborhood when they go to the Land of Make Believe.  It makes me smile EVERY STINKIN TIME I am arranging it.  I started out buying items from the dollar stores--anything I thought was cute.  Once I did my initial set-up, I started narrowing it down and realizing what I wanted the overall final outcome to be.  Most people's fairy gardens are magical, whimsical places.  Mine will have a farm and an rv park.  It's SO redneck, but I love it.  There will be no doubt it's mine when you look at it.  I know most people outgrow fairy gardens when they turn 10, but let me live my life, man!


Dollar Tree Drinking Glasses
Y'ALL!  Aren't these the cutest?  They hold a glass full of sonic ice with a mini can of Sprite and I LOVE THEM!!!  I don't get to shop often, so most of my purchases these days are online or Walmart or the dollar store.  I only bought 2, but I think I may need to go back for more.  Can't you just see them filled with a little fruity cocktail?

Friends at the Farm
I have been lucky to have 3 friends visit me here at the farm the past month.  I was a little worried to share it in person because I take pics of the pretty stuff--not the big junk piles and trenches the dogs have dug.  And, let's be honest...sometimes Gran's behavior is...interesting. Thankfully, I have amazing friends who don't care.  We laughed, I talked their ears off and we traipsed around the farm.  Sharing it in person made me love this place even more.  I have 2 more who have said they are coming at some point and I can't wait!  I have 2 twin beds ready and waiting!


I'll leave you with some of my favorite #farmcharm pics from this week.  What are YOU loving today?
Hunter fixated on the chickens

Free-range Chickens

Hope trying to get a calf back to her mama

#Mynameiswillow aka "The Digger"

Caroline helping Brian with the fence.

My hardworking hubby

Hunny Love







No comments: