Friday, April 30, 2021

Friday Faves...4.30.21

Whew!  It's been a hard week around here. Anyone else glad to see it end?  Gran decided to not sleep a few nights ago and I pulled my first all-nighter in a long time.  I was pretty cranky the next day--even though Brian let me take a several hour nap.  If you have ever had newborns in your house, you will understand my cranky-ness.  That feeling of being so overwhelmedly tired is something you never forget.  

BUT, she slept last night so I got more than 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep making the world look MUCH brighter today.  

Do you get enough sleep?  Any tricks you have when you have a lack of it (btw--I don't do any kind of caffeine--the horror!)?  Help a sister out with your tips.  

Something I'm learning here at the farm is that there is ALWAYS good around us.  Sometimes we have to look a little harder, but beauty is definitely there.  While taking pics of the same things in the yard every day, I have found myself thinking, "If I could just get over to the other side of the farm, I would have so many more photo-worthy sights." (I guess "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" is still alive and well here in OK).  But then I stop and REALLY look around me and amazingly enough, I usually find more than one thing of beauty.  Kinda like life, huh?  

So, here are the things that have brought me joy in the midst of the chaos here this week:


I have a Logo!

A few months ago, I got the idea in my head that I needed a logo.  Now, mind you, I don't have a business or even thoughts on what kind of business I would want, but I still wanted a logo.  So I commissioned Emma at Jackson Studios.

Y'all!  She was sooooo patient with me.  I thought I was a lot more low maintenance than I turned out to be, but she continued to work and perfect it, changing colors, adding pics, etc.  It turned out totally different than I first thought I wanted, but I am in love.  If you are thinking of re-branding or need a facelift on your current graphic design, contact Emma.  I think she's the best!!! (btw--if you are in the Phoenix area, she also takes amazing photos)

So, now I gotta figure out what to use it for...got any ideas for me?  


Subscription Boxes

I have gotten hooked on trying all these subscription boxes.  And Y'ALL!  It's not just beauty products anymore--there is a box for EVERYTHING!!!  Like to fish?  There's a box with different lures each month.  Interested in social justice?  There are several free trade boxes out there.  Want barn wood to create crafts?  There's even a box for that!  For Christmas, I got each of the girls one for their animals.  Hope gets the Stable Box every month and Caroline receives Kitnip.  

My recent favorites are the Chicken Bawk--which comes with a t-shirt each month--and Creative Indulgence--a brand new one this month.  Look at how beautifully she packaged everything!  (And you can admire Granny's lovely lace cafe curtains in the background)

I usually subscribe for a few months and then cancel and find another.  Subscription boxes are for me what LOL Surprise Dolls are for an 8 year old.  I love the anticipation of opening them up and seeing what's in them--and I'm not usually a fan of surprises.

I keep thinking I want to start a subscription box business.  

But I have no product to put in it.  

And no creativity to come up with something new that hasn't already been done. 

So for now, I'll just enjoy the creativity of others.  *SIGH* 

What boxes do you subscribe to?  Do you have a fave?


Sitting outside with the Chickens

I know it doesn't sound peaceful, but sitting outside at night, watching the chickens hunt for bugs is my current happy place.  It's not loud, except for the occasional rustle of leaves when a few are fighting over the same space.  There's no stress--it's just sitting and BEING instead of doing.  Sometimes I read.  Sometimes I Marco Polo my friends.  Sometimes I take pics.  But I always walk back in the house with a weight lifted off my shoulders.  I never considered myself an outdoorsy kind of girl--I like my AC and ceiling fans a little too much--but I really love getting outside for a half hour or more every evening--no matter the weather.  

What do you do to unwind?  How do you work it into your day?


We've had a ton of rain lately, so the farm is looking very green--another of my faves!  Here are a few #farmcharm pics from around here this week:

your token peaceful farm scene--complete with barn and #maynameiswillow

beautiful sunrise this morning

the sun going down last night

look how artsy I am

Hunter is always in motion (this was right before he jumped on me to give me kisses)

I obviously don't think there is a such thing as too many sunsets

the sky was on fire

yummy strawberry cheesecake cookies (I'm not a fan of cheesecake, but I sure do love these cookies!)

caught Flynn spying on me as I pulled the trash bin back in

one of these days I'm going to invest in a camera that shoots long distances so I can capture these sweet cardinals better before they fly off



 

No comments: