Monday, October 29, 2012

Old Potholders

My potholders are ancient.  I seriously don't remember even buying any of hte ones I currently own.  And, they don't get washed as often as they should (said while covering my hands over my face in embarrassment).

They are those things I just never think to spend money on.  They work well enough and are hidden in a drawer most days. 

But they all have some type of hole in them.  Instead of throwing them away, I know how to hold it so that it holds the pan without me getting burnt. 

At least that works most of the time.

I know there's a spiritual connection I can make here, but I'm feeling a bit cheesy these days--like I'm trying to find something deep in the painting that is really just a big red splotch of color. 

So, I'll stop.

How old are your potholders?  How many do you have?  How often do you get new ones? 

1 comment:

April said...

awesome, she's precious, brady kept running up to her and tagging her in fx live sunday, i think it was just to see her sweet smile :)