Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday Faves - 5.21.21

I'm back!  Last week, I was in the midst of cleaning and packing in a house without internet.  I think I'm still recovering from it--both physically and emotionally.  I finally unpacked my suitcase yesterday, so I'm counting that as a win--it took less than a week.  

Here are a few of my favorite things from the past couple of weeks:

Plants

I am ashamed to admit I live on a farm, but have a black thumb.  I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, but the jury is still out to see if it will stick.  I got several plants for mothers day/birthday/anniversary (when you celebrate all 3 in the same week, you never know what gift was for which occasion).  They have all been successfully planted into the flowerbeds and pots.  Granny "bossed" me on the ones in the ground so hopefully I'll get just a little of her gardening ability.  The lady can grow anything!  

Anyway, I have a new lime tree (yay for margaritas and key lime pie), a couple of dahlias, and 2 pretty lavender plants.  I'm taking Granny out today to find 2 more rose bushes for her and am hoping to get a gardenia for me to put on our front porch.  

Cross your fingers that I can keep everything alive--if they come back next year, you might even catch me dancing!


Wiseman House Chocolates

I love a good chocolate, but I'm not a conneseuier.  I settle for Dove and Godiva and think that's pretty good. When Brian's cousin sends Granny some Kilwins, I feel like I hit the jackpot. Y'ALL!  Have you ever had Wiseman House chocolates?  We visited a little town called Hico last week on our anniversary and picked up some to bring back to the girls.  I, of course, grabbed a couple of truffles for myself and a caramel.  YUM is an understatement.  The town itself wasn't that exciting, but it is worth the drive just for the chocolate!

Cricut Maker

I'm adding my Maker to my list of faves because I have wanted one for several years.  But, as you can see from the pic, I'm a little overwhelmed.  I've tried to watch the beginning video a couple of times, but have been interrupted.  And now that I finally have this machine, I don't know what to make.  I feel like I'm in over my head.  I never hooked my old Cricut to my computer.

Do you have a Cricut?  What's your favorite thing you've made with yours?  Do you sell anything you make?  If so, drop your link in the comments.


Depression/Anxiety Meds

You may have heard me joke about this one, but I really am thankful for the difference these have made for me.  Growing up, I attended 6 different elementary schools and I vividly remember the question, "Is there anything else we need to know about your child?"  My mom's answer was always "overly-emotional."  UGH!  

I've cried a lot in my life, but I just thought I was an emotional person (my mom said so, right?).   I've been on medication a few times over the years, but always went off them after I started feeling better.  I've been taking Lexapro for a couple of years now and it has made a huge difference.  I still cry, but it's not every day anymore.  I still feel things deeply.  I still overthink.  But I'm also able to process a little more clearly than I was 2 years ago.  I'm thankful for my friends who openly talked--without shame--about their mental illnesses.  

May is mental health awareness month and you may be tired of hearing about it if you don't suffer from any misfiring neurons.  Or maybe you're trying to avoid the fact that you DO and everywhere you turn this month someone is talking about it.  But, I am thankful to live in a time when we can be honest about what's going on inside our head and get the help we need.  

Until next week, here are some of my favorite #farmcharm pics:

Caroline had a box turtle for a day...until it escaped

Granny has finally gotten into watching the chickens with us

Cauliflower from the garden--did you know it can get sunburned???

Flynn was enamored with my birthday cupcake

How now brown cow

Gotta take at least one windmill pic every week

I'm trying to admire how pretty this little snake is, but EWWWW!!!

Just a few of the geese

Pretty in pink

This bird had me laughing as he kept bugging the cow

Cantaloupe is a chicken favorite (also a natural de-wormer)

One of the hydrangeas is starting to bloom and I couldn't be happier!





No comments: