Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Royal Reads 5.26.21 - The Switch

I love a fun book that makes me giggle aloud as I read it.  The Switch by Beth O'Leary is one of my new faves.  It was utterly delightful!  My friend Barb recommended it and when Barb gives a book 5 stars, you add it to your "to read" list.  
The Switch takes place in London.  Leena is a workaholic who is ordered to take a break.  Eileen is her grandmother who decides to date at the age of 79.  So they switch places--Leena moves to the quiet Yorkshire village to "rest" and Eileen moves to London to date more than the 5 undesirable prospects in her village. 

Both characters are full of life and so stinking fun.  Maybe I found it extra charming because I live with a 102 year old, but I could totally imagine both women and they felt like friends afterward.  Yes, it was predictable, but sometimes, you just need a good book that makes you laugh and takes you on a journey where you know the destination.

Barb said it was an excellent audio book because of the accents, but I can't do those unless I'm in a car driving because I fall asleep.  

After "The Switch" I picked up "The Flatshare" by the same author and it was also a ton of fun.  She's written a 3rd book--"The Road Trip" but my library doesn't have that so it went on my to-read list--without me even knowing the premise of it.

With all the depressing rain we've had lately, I needed a couple of cheerful books and these delivered.


Have you read them?  I'd love to gush over the characters with you if you have!




No comments: