Friday, May 28, 2021

Friday Faves - 5.28.21

Happy Friday, friends!  Not only is it Friday, it's a holiday weekend, AND the sun is actually shining here today!!!!  After several weeks of rain, rain, and more rain, I am thrilled to see that bright yellow orb in the sky!

It's been a quiet week here at the farm--just trying to stay dry and sane with the yucky weather.  In the midst of the dreary, God always seems to provide some bright spots.  Here are a few of mine from this last full week of May:

More Miniatures

I know I've posted about my fairy garden, but I just couldn't resist telling you about these cute little additions that arrived this week.  I had a birthday coupon from the Enchanted Forest so I used it to buy these sweet little pieces to add to my collection.  I actually had a 3rd, but they emailed me after I ordered to tell me they were out of stock on it.  

The Enchanted Forest is a delightful shop in Frankenmouth, Michigan.  When Caroline and I visited a few years ago, we couldn't quit "oohing and aaahing" at every display as well as calling each other to look at something so cute we needed to share it.  It's located in a fun little shopping area that is well worth the trip if you are in the area.  There is also a Christmas store in that same town that's so huge!!!  I've ordered a few things from The Enchanted Forest and am sure I will find more in the future.


Clark Crew BBQ

Brian's cousins have set up Visiting Angels to come sit with Granny once a week.  We've only had them here twice, but it has been SUCH a blessing to get out for several hours at a time without worrying about getting back quickly.  They have a 4 hour minimum which is a perfect amount of time.  

Yesterday, Brian was here so I talked him in to escaping with me.  We decided to eat lunch and just as I was going to an Oklahoma Day Trips fb page to ask for suggestions, I saw a post for best bbq places.  Clark Crew was recommended by several people so we decided to try it.

It did not disappoint!  I had the burnt end sandwich--which came with their homemade chips and Brian had the knuckle sandwich (smoked bologna and pimento cheese) along with a rib.  Mine was fabulous and Brian really liked his, as well.  It's definitely a place we will go back to!

And, funny story...I was in the bathroom and realized after I had done my business that there was no toilet paper in my stall.  The "Can you spare a square" episode of Seinfeld kept playing on repeat in my head, but I finally worked up the courage to ask for someone to give me some toilet paper (there were 2 other women in the bathroom).  One stayed silent, but the other laughed and said, "Yes!"  She proceeded to chat and was just plain funny.  Totally made my day to be able to chat with a stranger--whose face I never saw--through a stall door.  Kindness counts, my friends!


Pie Junkie

After lunch, we had some time to kill while we were waiting to pick up Caroline from work.  Brian decided to explore some of the little areas in OKC and I convinced him to stop at Pie Junkie.  I love this place!  They have several different flavors of pies, but I always get key lime-it's just too yummy to pass up.  Brian got the Birddog Buttermilk--which he has had before.  

They also have savory items like chicken pot pie, but who wants those when there's a piece of key lime staring at you.  I restrained myself from buying another t-shirt, but I have almost filled up my punch card so there's always next time.


Pretty Flowers

I took Granny to Lowe's on Saturday to get a couple more rosebushes and ended up with 3 of them and a gardenia.  I convinced her we didn't have room for the pretty pink hydrangea she liked, but after getting home and planting everything, Brian said we could put a row of them behind the azaleas.  So I went back to Lowe's the next day and grabbed 3 more of them and a pot for my gardenia because I wanted to keep it on the porch where I could smell it.  

We've got to do a bit more work on the flower bed (and by "we" I mean Brian) to even out the soil and place the hydrangeas in the ground, but it is going to be SO pretty!  I can't wait!  The two hydrangeas that were there made it through the freak freeze, but only one has blooms on it yet.  They are both full and green so I'm hoping that means they will be full soon.  

Again, even in the midst of the dreary, cloudy days, God provides beautiful things.  Enjoy a few of my favorite #farmcharm pics from the past week: 

Pretty little cardinal

Beautiful sky

Look at all those colors!

Lavender roses seem to like their new home here on the farm

Blooming roses

Storms rolling in

The new "ponds" in the front yard

Granny's Mother's Day begonias are thriving!

My windmill pic of the week

Flynn jumped up on Granny's lap and she was happy as a lark the rest of the night


 


No comments: