Sunday, July 24, 2016

Dazzling Doors

I recently turned in my resignation to a job I've had for over 10 years.  That in itself is a big story for a blog post (or 12) on another day. The most amazing thing has been happening though, the last couple of weeks. 

It started with a prayer. 

I told God I would walk through every door He opened.  This hasn't been as scary for me as I thought it would be.  It's been really simple.  When I was given job leads or was connected with people/companies who were hiring, I decided to say, "Yes."  As people have crossed my mind--some while I was praying and others just while I was going about my day, I have shot them a text or email or fb message.  When I felt the prompting to write a book, I decided to start pursuing it instead of just talking about it.

Not only has this been fun, it's been almost overwhelming to see God work!  Now, I know that God does not just bless us when we are obedient and that there is nothing I can do to make Him more or less proud of me.  BUT, since telling Him I would walk through those doors, I think I've been more aware of His goodness. 

I see it everywhere!

In trying to figure out a word for it, "Dazzling" is the one that keeps coming to mind.  I've been dazzled by the beautifully worded references people have written about me.  I've been dazzled at the people who have wanted to interview me.  I was dazzled at my first job offer.  I was dazzled by the opportunity to throw my name in the hat for a another potential job--consulting on something that is right up my alley.  And I've been dazzled at the joy and excitement my friends have had for me.

When I turned in my resignation, I braced myself for hard.  And it may still come, but right now, I'm soaking in every dazzling door God has put in front of me.

No comments: