Monday, July 11, 2016

Passive Aggressive leads to Humility?

Most days I have something rude I want to say.  I know, I know.  I'm a Christian and I should be above that.  Believe me, I tell myself that and a lot of other stuff--every time I think the mean things.

I find myself wanting to fight a facebook battle.  I want to post some obscure thing that only the person I'm frustrated with will "get."  Because, you know, that will fix everything.  They will read it, see the error in their ways and come begging me to forgive them.

Not. 

In my head, I know it won't do any good, but my flesh really wants to be right.  To feel better by making them feel as small as they made me.  But to do it in a way that doesn't make me look bad. 

So instead, I stew.  Or I call a friend I know will take my side. And I fight the urge to pray about it.

Because when I pray, things come back into perspective.  And I see things through Christ's perspective and that comment someone made isn't going to make a difference a year from now--or even an hour from now in most cases. 

But, in praying, I'm often also humbled.

And I don't like that feeling. 

But I know it's necessary.

No comments: