Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Dear Fitbit

Dear Fitbit,

I never knew a piece of jewelry could change my life.  How do I love you?  Let me count the ways.

I love that you have cute covers that make me look somewhat fashionable. I have people ask me all the time if I'm wearing you and where I got you.  They don't have to know you were on sale at Target and it took me months to work up the guts to buy you.

I love that I don't get mad about the far parking spot when I'm wearing you.  It just means I get a few more steps.  I also love that I have finally found a way to look forward to shopping--I get lots of steps in when doing that activity that would otherwise make me cranky. (ok, so I still sometimes get cranky while being dragged from store to store by my teenager who has no money to buy anything anyway, but that's probably a whole book chapter there).

I love that you have provided me one more way to be competitive.  I can look at my friends list and cheer when I have more steps than my friend Barb.  Of course, I am always irritated that no matter how many I get in, Dawn and George are always at the top. One day I WILL beat them.

I love that on days when your battery dies, I can pretend that I was more active than usual.  "Oh, it hasn't been counting my steps.  I'm sure I got at least 8,000 earlier today walking from my desk to the breakroom."  Even if my friends don't see those steps, you and I know they are there.

I love that I can use you as proof to my doctor that my weight gain is a complete mystery and there MUST be something else wrong with me other than laziness and bad eating.  "I may not be exercising every day in the traditional sense, but look at my step count.  I'm VERY active.  I even raised my daily goal to 12,000 steps."

Thank you for coming into my life and for the extra "steps" I used to get when I was sitting on the boat being bumped around. 

You are a rockstar!

Love,
Me





No comments: