Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Royal Reads 6.23.21...Wrapped in Rain

Every now and then I find an author that I just can't get enough of.  Charles Martin is one of those.  I read Wrapped in Rain last year, but was reminded of it again the other day and wanted to share it with you.  

There are 3 main characters--4 if you count Miss Ella who is dead but who's influence is what drives Tucker.  Each of them has trauma and grief in their past and each has dealt with it in a different way.

One of the things I love about this author is his way of weaving Jesus into his books subtly, in a loving and graceful way that I think makes God proud.  It brings a hope to his stories that wouldn't be there without it.  

Charles Martin has written SO many more books--one of which was made into a movie--The Mountain Between Us.  One of my other favorites by him (which was also the first I read) is When Crickets Cry.  Others I enjoyed were Water From My Heart, Send Down the Rain, Long Way Gone and Chasing Fireflies. 

I do hope he decides to write a sequel to Wrapped in Rain because there are more stories to tell within the characters' lives.  

Have you read any of his books?  Which was your favorite?



No comments: