Sunday, May 22, 2011

My peeps got baptized


Brian and the girls got baptized tonight--I'msuch a proud wife and mama. Here are their testimonies:

Hope:
I accepted Jesus into my heart one day when I was sitting on the couch with my mom after talking about sin. I was 4 years old. My favorite story in the Bible is the one about Nehemiah building the wall. It’s cool how he helped his country get things done faster. I am being baptized because I want to show everybody that I love God.

Caroline:
I first heard about Jesus when I was 3 years old. I remember dancing in the big room upstairs on Sunday. I prayed to Jesus and told him that I believed in Him one day in my dad and mom’s room. I like the verse Genesis 1:1 because it talks about how God made everything—and He did! I am being baptized because I love Him and want to let the people see that I believe in Jesus.

Brian:
My salvation was a slow process that started back in high school when attending different activities such as FCA with my friends. I Knew God existed and accepted Him as my Savior, but had no guidance as to who he was. Since coming to Bent Tree 12 years ago, I have had a wonderful journey of hard times and happy times. Each year I grow greater in my knowledge of God and closer to him. The most notable change in my life is the security in knowing that no matter what He is with me holding me up leading me down the path.
I love 1 Chronicles 29:11-12. Yours, Lord, is the greatness and power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
I am being baptized because I want to share with the world that I have a relationship with my Father.



http://www.youtube.com/dhplank